I have over 20 years of experience in research design and analysis within the cultural, regeneration, environment and social inclusion sectors.
My expertise is in designing major cultural programme evaluations – with specialisms in embedded research design and creative research approaches that lead to internal and external change.
I have a strong commitment to ensuring evaluation systems fit the user. Also I work with a range of arts organisations embedding evaluation in practice, particularly with hard-to-reach groups.
Highlights of my work include:
- Evaluator, flowcellular, Sanger Genome Campus, Cambridge.
- Lead on the development of the Cultural Strategy for Medway (with GJG Consulting).
- Critical Friend and evaluator to a number of Creative People and Places programmes -Back to Ours (Hull), Transported (Lincolnshire), Revoluton (Luton) and Market Place (Fenland), LeftCoast (Blackpool).
- Designing and managing Impacts 08, the Liverpool Capital of Culture Research Programme.
- Evaluation Advisor to Aarhus 2017 European Capital of Culture (2010-2018).
- Strategic Research and Evaluation Advisor to Norwich Bid for UK City of Culture (Norwich City Council).
- Evaluator of British Council UK-Korean Season 2017 (with the hub).
My academic research explores the impact of evaluation on practice, particularly artists’ emic evaluation practices and how these could shape evaluation policy.